This is a beginner cheese kit, ideal for those with no cheese making experience.
How Does It Work?
Simply go to the store and get 2 litres of whole milk. The next day, you will have about a kilo of the most beautiful quark.
- Pour out about 1/4 cup of milk from your milk bottle.
- Place the bottle of milk into pot of hot water to heat to 31° C.
- Add the calcium chloride solution and culture, close the bottle and gently shake.
- Keep the bottle warm (over 22° C) for 24 hours.
You are required to inoculate the milk with culture when it is 31° C, and monitor the temperature to ensure it does not drop below 22° C, during the next 24 hours, so you will need a thermometer to check the temperature.
This Kit Contains:
- A sachet of Mesophilic Soft Curd Cheese Making Culture
- Two sterile jars (for storing the culture)
- Calcium Chloride - 40 ml (with dropper cap)
- Reusable "Tight Weave" Cheese Cloth - 90 cm square
- Easy to follow instructions