Certified Organic, Unrefined Shea Butter
Shea butter is used for making your own body butter, lip balm, concealer sticks, hair treatments and face masks, just to mention a few.
5 Kg drums also available, please contact us for a quote.
Also known as the African karite butter. It is expressed from the pits of the fruit of the African butter tree which grows in Central Africa. Makes a hard bar of soap with a silky feel that is conditioning and has a stable lather. Shea butter is beneficial for treating dry skin, blemishes, skin discoloration, scars and wrinkles.
Recommended usage 5-15%
FREE RECIPE: Lip Gloss Recipe
- 50g shea butter
- 30g jojoba oil
- 10g beeswax
- 1/8 teaspoon mica colour (optional)
- Measure out your ingredients.
- Carefully heat beeswax in a thick based pot on the stove until just melted. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add shea butter to the pot and melt.
- Mix in jojoba oil and stir until evenly combined.
- Mix in mica colour (optional)
- Before it cools, place in small jars or lip balm tubes.
This recipe fills approx. 15 standard lip balm tubes or about 5 x 15ml glass jars.